- Within the scope of our Vision 2025, we have deliberated and documented possible future application areas and the impact of our products.
- Employees from various departments can give presentations or are available for tours and visits at our headquarters. We co-operate with schools, universities, municipalities, banks, the industry association VDMA and other interested parties. elobau supports a wide range of social transformation projects each year.
Support for the community
- We support education, culture and sports projects that are in line with our ideals with donations and sponsorships. For example, we support a female monoskier who competed at the Paralympics and a motor racing team in the area of electric drives.
- Our corporate headquarters are in Leutkirch; we pay taxes and duties in accordance with German law.
The optimal combination of humans and machines gives our employees the chance to unfold their skills and talents. With intelligent networking of automated and resource-light processes, we are able to create sustainable customer benefit.
- The goals of the foundation are: education, environmental protection and integration
- The overriding objective of the elobau foundation and the basic idea behind all actions, is to initiate and support projects with social and ecological impact.
- It is also very important to us when selecting new projects for funding that there is a regional connection.
- Further information can be obtained at: www.elobau-stiftung.org
Direct area of responsibility (scope 1 + 2):
- Our new buildings are energy-plus buildings. Since 2010, all three facilities use only green power. The buildings are heated exclusively with biogas and food waste as well as with geothermal energy/heat pumps (no fossil fuels).
- We were able to reduce the emissions arising from our own area of responsibility; the small remaining emissions are compensated for through high-quality offset certificates. We have operated in this way in a carbon-neutral manner since 2010.
- Every year we balance our greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with the standard “Greenhouse Gas Protocol” and periodically have this audited by external experts. We also include our indirect area of responsibility with a high level of detail.
Indirect area of responsibility (scope 3) / global approach:
- The majority of our greenhouse gas emissions can be attributed to our indirect area of responsibility, mainly to our purchased parts.
- Similarly, we have balanced and compensated for our indirect area of responsibility since 2010 with Gold Standard certificates. For example, we record our employees’ commutes on a daily basis using our time recording system.
- We have been a partner of VisionsWald since 2011. A fallow area of 620 hectares has been reforested as a new rain forest (see Gold Standard certificates). We have supported Plant for the Planet since 2012 and in that time have planted 17,000 with them.
Environmental and energy management
- Our most important environmental concerns are:
- Waste and hazardous wastes
- Energy consumption and efficiency
- Our influence on end products through our product development
- Energy park:
- A geothermal plant
- Two 65 kWp micro gas turbines
- Five photovoltaic systems with a total output of approx. 3 MWp
- Commuting concept which is continually being improved: daily recording “Ride a bike” bicycle leasing scheme – we are one of the first companies in the Leutkirch region to offer a bicycle leasing scheme.
- All sustainability reports can be downloaded from the website.
- We have been reporting on our sustainability activities since 2014; to date, two reports have been prepared in accordance with the German Sustainability Code and two reports/statements according to the Economy for the Common Good.
- The last report covered the 2016-2017 period, and included contributions from five project groups, involving a high level of employee participation.