Management of financial resources
- Our equity share exceeds 65%, which is significantly above average in the mechanical engineering and plant construction industry (according to VDMA, the average is approximately 40%).
- The majority of the profit is invested directly back into the company.
- All our financial transactions are carried out with an ethical bank.
- Only 8% of incoming payments are received via a “conventional” bank.
Social and ecological investments
- We consider ecological and social aspects for all investments.
- Most new investments are influenced by ecological criteria, such as the conversion of our injection moulding machines.
- Financial resources are only invested within the framework of a socio-ecological fund.
Sustainability is a matter dear to my heart. We are happy to play a pioneering role in sustainability in our industries.
- Foundation company since 2016: the non-profit “elobau foundation” owns 99% of company shares.
- 10% of our yearly profits go to the non-profit “elobau foundation”.
- Using a dual foundation model, we can amongst other things, ensure the long-term future of the company as well as limit the dividends.
- The Hetzer Foundation holds 99% of voting rights (but not the property).
- Strategic decisions can no longer be made solely by an executive director, rather an advisory board must be included in the decisions.
- The co-determination with our employees has been a part of the company culture for a number of years; the most prominent example of this is the development of the new salary model for production employees.